We believe in the full deity of God the Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, and that He became man without ceasing to be God (1). We believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, revealed God and saves sinners through His life, death on the cross and resurrection (2). We believe Jesus physically rose from the dead and ascended into heaven, where He is now our High Priest, Advocate and King at the Father’s right hand, and that He will personally and visibly return to earth as King of kings and Lord of lords (3).
(1) Jn. 1:1, 14; 1:18; Heb. 1:1-4.
(2) Matt. 1:18-25; Heb. 4:12-15; Acts 2:22; Jn. 15:15; Rom. 10:8-9.
(3) Jn. 20:24-29; 1 Cor. 15:3-8; Rom. 8:33-34; Heb. 7:22-26; 12:2; Dan.7:13-14; Acts 1:9-11; Rev. 1:7, 19:16
We believe in God the Holy Spirit, who comes forth from the Father and the Son and convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment (1). The Holy Spirit regenerates, indwells, gifts, guides, seals and empowers believers for living and serving God (2). We believe all Christians have the Holy Spirit within them (3).
(1) Jn. 15:26; 16:8-11.
(2) Jn. 3:5-6; Tit. 3:5-6; 1 Cor. 3:16; 6:19; 12:4-11; Eph. 1:13; Acts 1:8; Gal. 5:22-26.
(3) Rom. 8:9-11; Eph. 1:13-14.
We believe mankind was created in the image of God and lived in a state of innocence (1). But through the disobedience of our first ancestor, Adam, all creation is fallen and all people are alienated from God, corrupted in our nature (e.g., physically, mentally, volitionally, emotionally, spiritually), sinful, subject to physical and eternal death, and abide under God’s just and holy wrath (2). We believe every person shares in this bleak state and our only hope is the undeserved grace of God, who alone can rescue and restore us to Himself by a Savior (3).
(1) Gen. 1:27; Gen. 2.
(2) Gen. 3; Rom. 5:12-19; Ps. 51:5; Rom. 1:28-32; 3:9-19; Eph. 2:1-3; Rom. 6:23; Rev. 20:12-15; 21:8.
(3) Isa. 53:4-6; Rom. 3:21-30; 4:5; 1 Cor. 6:9-11; Eph. 2:1-9.